Saturday 13 November 2010

Behind Enemy Lines Ch4 Teaser



This is a Jasper/Bella 'Twilight:New Moon' Fanfic for NaNoWriMo.
Currently being cross-posted to FF.net and TwiWrite.

Rated M for strong language, dark themes and naughty thoughts while staring at Jasper's butt.
Nominated in the Sparkleteer Rare Gem Awards - Most Original Storyline
Main Chars: Jasper, Bella, Darkward, Esme
Pairings: Edward/Bella, later Jasper/Bella
Genre: Angst/Mystery/Romance
Beta'd by: Cowgirl_Amber & Dangerkitty

Teaser: From Chapter 4 - Black Ops & Intrigue (Unedited)

APOV

I had just dropped Rosalie off at the pick up gate with our bags and driven the Porsche over to long term parking, when my cell phone rang.

“Hi Jazzy! We’ve just arrived at Sea-Tac and Emmett rang Rose to say he’ll be here in twenty minutes. We’ll be in Denali by nightfall and Carlisle, Esme and Edward should be there around midnight.”

There was a chuckle on the other end of the line. “Is there ever any point in me callin’ to tell you anything?”

“Not really. Though you do manage to surprise me sometimes,” I laughed.

“Well, just so I don’t feel like I wasted my credit, I’m going to tell you anyway. Edward is coming with you because Eleazar wants him to check out Laurent’s intentions toward Irina. I’ll be staying here with Bella, which I’m sure he won’t be happy about.”

“Actually, the whole Irina-Laurent thing is entirely Esme and Carmen’s idea in order to get Bella some space from Edward whose overprotective hounding is giving her cabin fever. Laurent is just using Irina, which is fine because she’s using him. Edward is going to be livid about you staying but don’t say anything, it’ll work out. You’ll need to remind Bella to eat around lunchtime or she’ll forget and take the scenic route on the 19/20 towards Anderson Lakes on the way back. You can hunt, Bella can nap and you’ll avoid a two hour tailback on the 104.”

There was silence from the other end of the phone as my corrections sank in then a familiar sigh. ”Anythin’ else I need to know”’

“I’ll miss you?” I replied sweetly as I pulled my lipstick from my bag and began to put on a fresh coat.

“I’ll miss you too sweetheart. I have to admit though…” he trailed off a little, searching for words that wouldn’t offend me.

“You’re looking forward to getting to know Bella because you find her interesting, and you’re ecstatic that you’ll finally have someone around to share your tedious taste in hobbies?”

Jasper chuckled again. “Yeah. Somethin’ like that.”

-end teaser-

No comments:

Post a Comment